Tuesday, June 5, 2007

The Beginning....





I love medieval movies... I found the official movie site for the epic movie
Beowulf and Grendel, excited that there was to be a new movie with chainmail and
swords.. I read everything there was to read, looked at the picture galleries, and
watched all the great clips that were put on to tease us along the way. Jon Gustafsson,
the Web Master on the site, and one of Beowulf's 13 warriors in the movie took along his camera and began capturing the behind the scenes story. Jon has made documentaries, music videos, short films, theatre shows, and feature length films. As Jon would put small portions of interviews with the cast and crew of Beowulf, I watched them over and over. It was hard to believe what they were going through trying to make their movie. At this time I did not know that Jon was planning on making a documentary about the filming of Beowulf and Grendel, but it wasn't long after I joined the forum on the movie site that I found out he was planning on making a film/documentary about the unbelievable story he had captured on film.
From the very beginning I believed in this project, and followed its progress even more closely than I did the actual movie itself.

No comments: