Saturday, June 9, 2007

The reaction...


Reviews of Wrath of Gods have continuously been pouring in. There are some very satisfied customers out there. The general theme is that the it is fantastic!! I love reading the comments about the documentary at http://www.wrathofgods.com/ clearly the three hours of entertainment this DVD delivers are some kind of wonderful!!!!


I had seen many clips of this documentary along the way, watched the CBC broadcast, and I had volunteered my services (production assistance things like transcribing interviews etc..) to promote Wrath of Gods and spread the word and help out in any way that I could. I knew that Jon Gustafsson had created something very special and rare. An award winning documentary with depth and substance that anyone anywhere would find interesting and entertaining whether or not they had been fans of Gerard Butler or Beowulf and Grendel. To see something in its completed form that you have so much passion for and have given a great deal of your time and energy to fills you with emotion. I watched the documentary in awe of the cast and crew of B&G as they faced obstacle after obstacle and set back after set back . It's the story of a dream that refuses to give up, and in that process it becomes every one's dream involved. This documentary is far more than a making of a movie film, it is the fulfilling of a dream against every obstacle that finances and the the power of nature could fling at them. It is both funny and intense; how could you not appreciate B&G and all involved after seeing what they went through. Wrath of Gods teaches us all that if you want something bad enough you can stand up to most powerful forces and succeed.

Jon Gustafsson's talents as a film maker are outstanding, I tip my hat to him for capturing it all on film and telling the story that was begging to be told. From beginning to the final credits this DVD is a fantastic example of movie making at it s best!!!!!!


.......... next stop for Wrath of Gods... Waterfront Film Festival in Saugatuck, Michigan.............

2 comments:

Rose said...

Hi Blondesquaw,

I love your blog. I think Wrath of Gods is a fabulous award winning documentary. A rarely seen behind the scenes look, at the difficulties of filmaking. I recommend it to anyone. Jon Gustafsson deserves praise indeed.It makes you appreciate the film Beowulf and Grendel even more and the interview with Gerard Butler is a must for all fans.

Rose

blondesquaw said...

Thanks Rose. I appreciate your comments. Jon Gustafsson did a fantastic job with his documentary thank you for reading my blog. I think this documentary will appeal to many different audiences as well as Gerard butler fans.
Cheers