Wednesday, June 6, 2007

Early 2007....


Here we were starting a new year. I first visited the Beowulf and Grendel site in the fall of 2004 and here I was starting 2007 knowing that this was the year for Jon Gustafsson and his documentary, Wrath of Gods. Since the CBC broadcast the buzz was in the air and a stir of excitement was swirling as talk and expectation about film festivals and anticipation of a release date for the DVD were all around. News that Wrath would be making its Canadian premiere in Winnipeg at the NSI Film Exchange on March 3rd was great news for Jon. Everything went really well and everyone loved the documentary, and it received great reviews http://www.moviecontests.com/reviews.php?location=van&reviewid=506 . I was so excited and happy for Jon and about Wrath of Gods, nothing like a hot film to warm up a freezing Winnipeg night. Well talk of the documentary brought a new burst of excitement and all across cyber space including every Gerard Butler fan site the big question loomed.. WHEN IS THE DVD GOING TO BE RELEASED?
I have to admit at this point that I asked that question a good many times myself.. poor Jon Gustafsson, I am sure the words do we know anything yet make him cringe still... For me it was like being a kid at Christmas .. would the waiting never end..
Well just when everyone, including yours truly, could hardly stand the wait, presale of the DVD began in March. Orders were coming in like a down pour. The online Canadian Web Store was swamped with orders. Any glitches you ask, I knew you would ask that, well lets just say that the Norse God Loki, a right trickster, made an appearance or two. But not to worry, he finally wore himself out and despite the wrath of "gods" the orders were placed.. and the real waiting
began..... Shipping was set to start at the end of April or beginning May.
**I might add here that I was serving as admin on the forum boards at the Wrath of Gods site,and honored to be doing so. The Wrath of Gods journey had proven to be a splendid dance thus far, one that I wouldn't have missed for the world.***

No comments: